From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Last day at the office

Today is my last day at the office and so from tomorrow, the real adventures begin. Theoretically I have some freelancing lined up, but I am getting that sinking feeling that an eleventh hour excuse will be made and it's not going to happen. The same feeling I often have before a holiday somewhere distant and tropical, that things will work against me to ensure I miss the plane / the plane is cancelled, and it is always with some bemusement that I find myself stepping out into the humidity and realise I've made it.

I plan now to come back down to London after my wee holiday in the north coast of scotland, to pack my stuff in a white van, and drive all the way up to the middle of Ayrshire at the beginning of July. The scary bit, I suppose, is anticipating the long and treacherous drive across the UK with a van packed with furniture, and only Radio 4 for company. Once unpacked, I think it will hit me what I have done. Will I find myself working in a chippy in Ayr? Perhaps I will be a tour guide in a massive castle somewhere. Perhaps I'll even land an office job (noooo, that's why I've escaped from here!). Who knows. All very terrifying, especially that small issue of not having an income...

Oh and photo above is of the West Coast near Oban...think of that when you're enjoying the cream of someone's sweat on the tube...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home