From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Currys, pineapple and sex

So, I'll be 38 weeks pregnant on Thursday and boy am I fed up. For the last ten days or so, I've been handicapped by electric shocks 'down there', my right hip which occasionally pops out, collapsing my right leg with it, ongoing nausea, searing heartburn, headaches and lots and lots of twinges. I really wouldn't mind being this pregnant if I was sailing along without a care in the world, but to find every step a bit of an ordeal has taken it's toll on me. I long for the day when walking is pain free. When I can roll onto my stomach and sleep. When my sinuses only block up if I'm sick, where indigestion is a word only heard of from a distant planet. Where I could (in theory) sleep without needing the loo every 3 hours.
Every afternoon for the last week, I've felt really rubbish leading me to thinking 'this is it', only for things to settle down over night and for me to wake, baby free in the morning. Half of me is desperate to go into labour, despite knowing how awful it is, as at the moment I'm not really living, I'm surviving. Half of me, occasionally, wants to hang fire, so I can do one more yoga DVD or one more hypno cd, so I'm that much more prepared. ha ha.
This last bit of pregnancy is the reason I freaked out when I found out I was pregnant again - this horrendous, dragging exhaustion which you know is only going to lead to 24 hours or so of crippling pain, followed by at least 6 months of sleepless nights.
The bit I'm most afraid of - stage 2. The push. Having been epidural'd up last time, I have no idea what that feels like. But, ulitmately, it lasts 2 hours max (before they slice you open), so that's encouraging. (IS IT?)
I really hope that next time I write, I have a little bambino bouncing on my knee.

Wish me luck...

Oh, and for the record: curries, pineapple and sex - I've tried them all in the last 24 hours, and they don't work. It's just a matter of waiting until this baby wants to be born I guess. Either that, or eat a pineapple curry whilst having sex. That might just do the trick.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bambino, or bambina?

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home