From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bikini madness


Right, so in 2 weeks time we're going to Italy for ten days, and hopefully it will be warm / hot / sizzling to make up for the shocking 'summer' we've had here.

I needn't point out that I had a baby six weeks ago and so wearing a bikini without sending everyone else diving for cover, is going to be a challenge. Last year when James was 6 months old and I still had jelly-belly large-tastic, we were on a beach when this couple with a younger baby than James rocked up. He was hot, she was hotter. Her washboard slim stomach totally betrayed my gently rolling wobbles and curves and I immediately felt two things. One, gutted that I no longer had the excuse for being out of shape for the existence of my gurgling son, but two, absolute inspiration that it IS possible to look hot hot hot fairly soon after spouting one out. (It helped that she had an incredible tan, great hair, good taste in bikinis and probably no appetite as it had been so hot all summer in Italy...in Glasgow after James was born, my diet revolved around coffee, cake, twix bars, ribena cartons...anything that you could neck quickly and without having to create, as invariably there was no time, and it was freezing so I thought I deserved it).

So, forthwith my exercise regime starts. I also need to point out that I haven't been able to do much yet in case my pelvic floor fell through my legs and I needed to wear a catheter bag for the rest of my life...six weeks after birth is when your body (apparently) goes, "OH, it's over, we can tighten up now chaps", or something.
(I'm talking about ligaments and muscles btw).

So, this morning started with Hinba and I on the floor, Hinba watching ruefully and I did:

- forward facing plank, 40 seconds
- left hand plank, 40 seconds
- right hand plank, 50 seconds (whooo hoooo)
- 10 coil ups
- 15 sit ups, 5 more crunches each side
- 10 press ups (legs on sofa, arms on ground)
- 6 bench presses (OUCH)

Once I find a measuring tape I'll start noting the change...(though possibly have to put a bit more welly into it in order to make much difference).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home