From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The beginning of Sammy

I didn't eat the cake...Hugo came home to find me with napkin on lap, fork in hand, about to tuck in. Sensibly he persuaded me to get into the car and took me to the squash court instead. A much better place to vent frustration than in the kitchen with a nice big chocolate cake. Even more pleasing, I won my second ever game of squash which was entirely due to visualising my bank managers head whenever I smashed the ball. Hell hath no fury huh...

AS for the reassuring comments I get about not succombing to convention and caving into some dull office job for the rest of my life - absolutely right! My creative talents have been unleashed since being here and after working away at it for two months, my first ever children's story is now finished!! I was given the brilliant idea whilst on hols of auctionning off the main character's name as a fundraiser for Raleigh. Anyone keen to see their name in print? I'm off to the Edinburgh book festival tomorrow to chat up some nice publishers...watch this space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home