From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Alpha 9 team photo


Team photo on the sand collection day (we each had to fill our backbacks with sand and carry it 1 hr back up the mountain to the site, absolutely exhausting work but made easier by a fun morning body surfing in the Pacific.
Next update will be in 3 weeks time after the end of Phase 2. I have been told I am going to be on the Dragon trek, so 250 km of hiking ahead of me...argh help.
I have the whole of tomorrow to prepare the food drops, learn to use a flipping compass and get some clean clothes sorted out. I also need to shake this bad cough that I picked up in Carona, so I´m also going to try to find a pharmacy. I hope these installments have kept you entertained, I will upload some hardcore blister photos at the end of March.
Until then, enjoy the start of spring and the pitter patter of the easter bunny. Also, I hope all wedding plans are going well for those getting wed, Zanna and Will, Charlie and Liv (ARGHARHGAHRGH) and MASSIVE congrats to Archie and Sabina for the safe arrival of their baby girl, what awesome news. Hugo, thanks for putting up with me being away and out of contact for so long, I love you to bits and Kate, safe travels in New Zealand. Oh, and Maryn, you win the prize for being the most awesome friend, sending me all those essentials, absolutely perfect for my second phase.
Next update, end of March, Turrialba

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masses of luck with the trek and when you come back here, not long now!, I feel a career in either lumber jacking or construction could be on the cards! We will miss you on the 14th but so pleased Hugo can be there! Take care Miss Ferrero, Much love, Zanna and Will xxxxx

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of you and your amazing stamina!! It all sounds incredible. Hope all is still going well, and your groupies are pulling their weight. Cant wait to hear more about it.
We all miss you lots!!
Love from me and Mikey xxx

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Al!!!!! Hope you're doing ok little one!? You must be SUPER fit after 2 weeks walking, hope your feet aren't too sore :-( I sent you a letter....not sure if it'll get to you, pages and pages of scrawl so if you get it, you'll probably not be able to read it!! Missing you masses sweetie and can't wait til you're back in email contact! xoxoxoxox Mils

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home