From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Reality Bites

Just a quick update to state that despite the lamentations in my last post, no longer do I feel any sadness at having to give up breastfeeding before my baby reaches the recommended age of 6 months old.  Having recovered from the double whammy of mastitis from easter, it came back with a vengeance this weekend (2 days after finishing the antibiotics) and so the cycle started again - ring NHS Direct, get to see a GP out of hours, be prescribed Flucloxacillin and then go to bed for the next 24 hours with the shivers and searing pain in my boob.  So, no, enough is enough, reality has bitten and I am now weaning the baby off me. 

So far I've managed to drop the 2pm feed without too much pain, and today I am going to drop the 11am feed for the first time and hope that by the end of this new course of antibiotics, that I've managed to drop down to just one feed a day and then it should be relatively easy to drop that one and be milk free!  For something that is so miraculous and natural, when it doesn't work or when it goes wrong it really is a disaster.  I am just really looking forward to waking up pain free, in a milk-free bed, wearing a dry t-shirt and being able to sleep on my tummy once again.  Formula, I salute you.  Antibiotics, I salute you too. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home