From rat race to jungle: adventures in wonderland

Charting the adventures of a twenty something, leaving the 'better the devil you know' of London, and heading out to rural ayrshire for six months to live with boyfriend, before jetting to central america, for a 4 month expedition in the jungle.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Frothing at the mouth

I shouldn't have joked yesterday - but 9 o clock last night I was curled up on the sofa feeling like I had flu. When I went to bed I had some strange vivid dreams - one of which involved finding myself in a fenced off section of dry woodland where all the locals feared to go because of the snakes. I was with Hugo. We saw the dry branches which had fallen to the ground which were long like snakes and if you knocked one or stepped on one, it shook. We picked one up, laughing that this is what they were afraid of, and then I looked into the branches and saw a green snake hanging watching us. Suddenly the green snake grew feet and became a giant green catepillar which could stretch it's millions of black feet across the tree to grip onto another branch and then it would pull itself over. Amazed, we stood in the sandy earth watching this. It was then, that I noticed something was watching me. A wild boar, behind a pile of sticks we had made. We ran. We ran and ran and ran and at the last moment, I could feel the heat of his breath on my neck. And I woke up. Now, even for me, that's a little random. I'd love to know what it means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home